From MC Public Wiki
Internet Relay Chat.
- #redditmc (main channel)
- #redditmc-mods (admin and moderator discussion - invite only)
- #redditmc-reqs (secondary channel for doing moderation work - invite only)
- web client
- Windows client: http://code.google.com/p/xchat-wdk/
- Mac client: http://limechat.net/mac/
- Linux client: http://xchat.org/ (use the repos to install, easiest way)
- Irssi (http://www.irssi.org/) is a very popular client, but it's terminal based so no pretty buttons to click on ;)
- ChatZilla - Firefox extension IRC client
Registering an account on IRC
You do not need to register an account to connect and chat.
However if you need to join an invite-only channel, you must first register with AuthServ. Once registered and authenticated you can then receive channel invites.
- /msg send AuthServ help register
- <AuthServ> REGISTER
- <AuthServ> /msg AuthServ@Services.GameSurge.net REGISTER <account> <password> <email>
- <AuthServ> Registers a specified account with AuthServ, adding your current user@host to your new account. You must use the same password with auth to authenticate to your account.
- <AuthServ> An email will be sent to the email address you give containing a cookie that will let you activate your account. Once you have that cookie, you must use the cookie command to be able to use your account.
- Some (apparently) funny quotes from the IRC channel can be found on the Bestof page.